Inspiration hit me today. I had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know Stevan Spires. It was brief, but his story was really cool to me, and i love meeting entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Steve is a third grade teacher, who has found great success in writing children's books. They are educational, and fun to read.
What is so freakin cool is that he has a full time job, and made his passion another form of secure earnings for his family.
See, that's the dream, and it's not so hard to believe is it. You can take your love for teaching and spread it world wide.
If I didn't give you numbers, Steve has sold thousands of books in over 8 different countries. (from our conversation)
Success is only driven by the level of obsession you have for it. If your not truly driven by your idea than there is no point..
WORK HARD, STAY STRONG, GET RESULTS!
Steve's BLOG and WEBSITE can be found at:
It's no secret, there is always a negative Nancy in every family, and on every team, but now is no time to share your insecurities and flaws. Speak on success and success will follow you where ever you go.
It's time to change your language. If you meet a CHALLENGE, give it a positive spin. "We have a 14000 dollar day today. So, let's get to calling guests, and BEAT THIS DAY TO A PULP!"
SEE, THAT'S WHAT MOTIVATES OTHERS.
It will be a huge day, and your going to be nervous the next year when your goal is evan higher than before, but that is the challenge.
Only great leaders meet adversity with a grin and then sock it in the face with a nine iron.
Here's your step by step guide to changing your LINGO from the way of the loser to the SAMURAI CHOPIN WINNER!!
1. Take your fears and put them aside.
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." - Spoc
2. Every time you coach, inspire, say a random thought, what ever....give some positive thoughts.
" When a leader coaches, they make two deposits before they make a withdrawl!" - Greg Crittendon, one of my mentors.
3. NEVER LOSE FACE and always be as positive and full of life as possible. As the leader you must lead by example through fierce compassion and understanding!
4. PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE WHEN IT'S TOUGH.
"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." Robert Louis Stevenson #quote #inspiration
When you add these to your repitoire you'll have the lingo of a WINNER AND YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!!
WORK HARD, STAY STRONG, AND GET RESULTS.
Time to update. Back in january i set some goals up for my self to achieve. They haven't changed, but some have already been achieved.
It's so important to have these. Because, they lay a foundation for your work, and give you an opportunity to set a vision in place for your life. If there is a life style you want to have, start living it today.
Let's get started.
1. Gain 10lbs of muscle in the next 6 months. I've got 2lbs of sustained weight gained so far!
2.spent the past few months working on my flexibility with yoga at almost 4 sessions a week. I feel great!
3. GONE 1 MONTH without drinking a coke. That's huge for me.
4. Not doing great on the 50$ for 50 weeks challenge. Gotta step it up!
1.This week I will hit 3000 followers on twitter, and hopefully 275 likes on facebook!
2. My blog generates almost 700 views a week, I want to up that to 1000, and all through organic means. no paid ads!
3. will begin first draft of my leadership ebook in TWO MONTHS!
1. I've reached my $10,000 more earned than last year!
2. Looking for a car now to get in april!
3. starting plans on looking for a home. tired of living in an apartment.
4. NEW GOAL, begin to think of long term growth in stock. something separate from a 401k that will generate a passive income some day for an early and life long retirement!
Alright I'll be back again with a goal update soon!! WORK HARD, STAY STRONG , AND GET RESULTS!
Don't be the late bloomer. See contrary to belief, life is not a box of anything sweet, and it will chew you up and spit you out. When looking for success, we often are pushed to give up opportunities that " may not seem right ". I'm not saying stop looking for your dream job, but remember some how you gotta feed your self to get that dream.
Here's how Mike Rowe from dirty jobs says it,
"Stop looking for the 'right' career, and start looking for a job. Any job. Forget about what you like. Focus on what's available. Get yourself hired. Show up early. Stay late. Volunteer for the scut work. Become indispensable. You can always quit later, and be no worse off than you are today.
But don't waste another year looking for a career that doesn't exist. And most of all, stop worrying about your happiness. Happiness does not come from a job. It comes from knowing what you truly value, and behaving in a way that's consistent with those beliefs."
Not every one has the same situation, but remember BOREDOM IS A CHOICE. Challenge your self, and look for opportunity where you are if you can. WORK HARD, STAY STRONG, AND GET RESULTS!
The business minded always look to better them selves, and others. We look to reward effort. Some times we wonder when to reward, and when to make an example of a person or situation.
Remember that the leader knows he or she dominates through effort, example, and compassion.
A question was sent to me from a wonderful friend of mine, Gentry. She asked "How do we get leaders to follow other leaders?"
I'm instantly reminded of a scenario. Some times in business we're presented with a team of many CHIEFS and very few INDIANS.
We battle for status and recognition through delegation and opinion. Each of us either trying to out perform the other or usurp our opinion on one another.
I had a leader of my own share with me an instance from today that was very similar. My assistant in training, was not being open to criticism, and had been very short with him and others on our sales floor.
As manager I pulled our assistant asside, and asked "Hey, I got some feedback about our performance as a team this morning. How do you feel it went?"
Always be willing to hear a second opinion as a leader. To hear both sides of the story, if you will.
As the AIT went on I noticed a few key things.
1. Neither of my leaders we're being APPROACHABLE towards one enother.
2. Neither of them were OPEN to criticism.
3. Neither came up with any ACTION or SOLUTION to the situation at hand.
In conclusion a leader who wants others to follow them. Those others being chiefs themselves, must assert themselves as some one who is approachable for dilemmas, and or to hear of successes. That person must give and take CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, upon themselves and others. Finally, that person has to be solution oriented.
Keep the questions coming guys. WORK HARD, STAY STRONG, AND GET RESULTS!
I know what your thinking " I'm the best at what I do." Or you thinking " I wouldn't know where to find one."
Before I go off on a tangent, if you want to make more money this year. Or if you want to be a better version of your self, finding a MENTOR should be one of your new years resolutions.
The pursuit of bettering your self begins when you start noticing what's wrong.
Maybe nothing is wrong, but you could add one more action to your pkate. Either way, with out stepping back and getting a clear vision of the field you won't know where to put the ball in play.
Don't limit your mentor to a single person either. It might be a YouTube video that gets you pumped. Or maybe if you labled more things that would get you organized. The point is, find a flaw in you, and then find the person or thing that makes it better.
If you get 1% better every day this yeae, you'll be 365% better by next year!!!
Work hard, stay strong, and get results!!!
I just finished up at our annual leaders conference in Nebraska. Im coming home now, and I'm bringing back some ideas on culture. I want to create an unstoppable business. But to do that I have to deliver a new perspective to my team and my guests.
The first word that comes to my mind is Character. What am I doing for my team every day. How does my plan develope and grow them. I'll have more updates soon
Work hard, stay strong, and get results.
If you can't attract quality people to your business, it maybe your business culture that is to blame. Hiring and managing top talent will always be tough for the leader that does not promote a balance of discipline and fun.
Let's start by putting our partners first. That means understanding how to respect your employees, and why they want to work with you.
Maximize your good people. That doesn't mean over work them, but trust them more. And maybe give them a little more responsibility.
Always stay involved, and commit to using emotional intelligence in all situations. Remember compassion is better than reaction.
Once you've put your people first, now your ready to knock at the door for new opportunity and new people.
Stay flexible, but use your best people as a platform for what is possible. They will have some of the signature traits of the people you need. When your ready get our there and recruit. Meet managers, have lunch with perspective employees, and get the word out that you are looking and you are awesome!
When you stop recruiting, you stop growing your business.
Work hard, stay strong. and get results!
Don't you want your mindset to always be on success?
Well, as humans we are constantly driven by underlying habits, and it’s almost like we are running on auto-pilot most of the time. Understanding all of that might mean that the key to positive change is to replace them with new habits.
One thing I’ve learned up to this point in life is that the mind has a memory. And it’s damn smart; it “subconsciously” recognizes patterns. Once the patterns become a habit, it’s hard to stop.
Starting from small, it becomes big. Starting with white lies, repeatedly, you become a compulsive liar.Starting with shoplifting a lipstick, repeatedly, you become a thief.Starting with faking documents, repeatedly, you can become a white collar criminal.Starting with being dishonest, repeatedly, you become a cheater.
At the same time…
1) Starting with exercising at least 3 times a week, repeatedly, you become fit.
2) Starting with eating healthy everyday, repeatedly, you become well and healthy.
3) Starting with walking with your back straight, repeatedly, you have an elegant posture.
4) Starting with smiling and being positive, you become a happy person to be around inside and out and attract people with the same energy to you.
5) Starting with giving unused clothes and loose change to the homeless, repeatedly, you become empathetic and giving.
6) Starting with sharing things with others, repeatedly, you become generous.
7) Starting with only doing things that align with your core values, repeatedly, you are a person of meaningful values.
8) Starting with reading, repeatedly, you become addicted to learning.
9) Starting with making sure you get what you need done for the day, repeatedly, you are always on top of everything.
10) Starting with being focused, each task at a time, repeatedly, you can easily get into the flow and be productive.
11) Starting with thinking outside the box, repeatedly, you become extremely creative.
12) Starting with getting out of your comfort zone, repeatedly, you become confident and fearless.
13) Starting with telling yourself what you want to achieve in life, repeatedly, you will get there.
14) Starting with just getting it started, repeatedly, anything you want to be and do, you can be and do.
I started this blog to inspire. As this is my first entry, I thought the best way to introduce it would be to describe what it's content would be made of.
This year, I started managing a business, and I had a lot of questions. A lot about growth, personal finance, health, and being a better leader. All were good, and fortunately for me, I've had some good mentors.
Lately, I found I wanted to extend my influence beyond the boundaries of my business walls. So, I asked for content. I asked friends and family alike for questions on personal development. Questions they needed answers to. I got a huge response, and in turn I started writing, and recording.
So, here it is. The journey begins for every one, but for me..I'll just start with a blog or two! Stay tuned!