2015, it's the new year, and I want to put my goals out there publicly. When you share your ideals and hold your self accountable for the actions you want to accomplish you'll be more likely to achieve them.
I separate my goals based on different needs. Between fitness and my lifestyle, there are a lot of things I really want to get behind.
First group would be FITNESS
1. I want to gain 10lbs of muscle in the next 6 months.
2. I'm going to add 50 lbs to my bench and squat by Dec 31st 2015.
3. I will practice yoga at least 3 times a week to become more flexible.
I take care of my self first, because without me, there are no goals. There will be no future!
Second I choose INCOME
1. This year I will make 10,000 more than last year.
2. I want to complete the 50 weeks 50$ challenge.
3. I will build a nest egg of 2 months worth of salary.
4. I want to have a second income that is passive and makes me 400$ a month.
Setting a money goal is always good. You know, money doesn't buy true happiness, but it can make many parts of life much easier.
Finally I have LIFESTYLE
1. I want to purchase a Mazda rx8 for myself.
2. I will write my first ebook on leadership.
3. My twitter will reach 10,000 people.
4. I want to begin looking for a house.
5. Purchase a ring for you know who. ;)
6. I want to successfully train 2 full time leaders, and to hire 1 full time manager in training under my wing!
Those are my goals, and each month I will have an update, along with any changes I want to make to them. Goals tend to morph a lot as you learn and grow!
Alrighty! Work hard, stay strong, and get results!
In my search for great content, the first really awesome question I got was from my friend David.
He's a fellow entrpeneur, marketer, and soccer enthusiast ( he'll like that one). He said in his message "What are the fundamental characteristics of leadership?"
I thought, what an awesome challenge. Then I decided to approach the question by identifying the traits of the leader.
When we narrow down all the things that define a great teacher, motivator, coach etc. we get a lot of the very fundamentals that we want in our leaders. I came up with my own list of necessary traits that every aspiring person should have! Here are the big three.
I chose this one first because of all that it prescribes a person to be. That person would be truthful, consistent and sincere.
"WHOEVER IS CARELESS WITH THE TRUTH IN SMALL MATTERS CAN NOT BE TRUSTED IN IMPORTANT MATTERS."
A person that believes in themselves, must also believe in others. Being confident also means being optimistic. When others are down you pick them up, because they must know you believe they would do the same for you.
"CONFIDENCE IS THE FAITH THAT LEADS TO ACHIEVEMENT."
Great leaders draw out their vision clearly to a team, and know what success looks like.
"IN ORDER TO CARRY OUT A POSITIVE ACTION WE MUST FIRST DEVELOP A CLEAR VISION."
Others that also drive success would be LOYALTY. Gaining an audience means being loyal to that person, group, or cause never wavering and always being COMMITTED to the greater good!
Thanks guys, and as always work hard, stay strong, and get results!